Thursday, May 21, 2009

Tech for Teachers

Being a teacher I am very careful what I do on the Internet. I am very worried that a student will get online and find me. I have a facebook page but have it so that only my friends can look at it. I am very careful who I add as a friend and what I put on the page.

The Internet can be a place for a future boss to look as well as students and parents. I would be really mad if an employer looked at one of my pages and didn't like the friends that I had on there or took a statement the wrong way, and in turn it affected my position or lack there of.

On the other had these sites are awesome for finding my old friends. I have found people I went to high school with that I would not have known anything about if it wasn't for the Internet.

I say be careful as a teacher. You always have to be aware that people are looking at you as a teacher, at school and away from school..
Good Luck Teachers:)

1 comment:

  1. You are absolutely correct when you say we as teachers need to be careful on the internet. I never set up a MySpace because I didn't want my athletes or students to see my page. After Facebook came out it took me a while to join, but I agree that it is a great site and we do have to be careful what we say. I know of student-athletes that have been kicked off of teams for pictures and things posted on their microblogging sites. It would be terrible to lose a job or get kicked off a team because of what you have posted on the internet, but it does happen. This is why we have to be extra careful about who we are friends with online and what we post.

    ReplyDelete